I have spent this afternoon exploring a fantastic project called Mindapples.
"Mindapples is a social movement to promote individual self-management of mental wellbeing. The original “5-a-day” campaign encouraged people to take care of their physical health through simple daily activities, and we want to do the same thing for mental health. We aim to create a stigma-free public debate about mental wellbeing, simply by asking everybody the question: “What’s your five-a-day?”
There is something so real and genuine about this initiative. The team are using the web to draw together a community of knowledge about what works for ordinary people.
It is a question everyone can answer and an issue I believe is close to the hearts of many. I would love to get involved and contribute to the success of this project!
Visit the website to learn more and share your five a day. Here are mine;
- Twice a day, I look up at the sky for a few moments.
- I dance when no-one is watching every day.
- I say hello and smile to a stranger in the street every day.
- I laugh out loud everyday.
- I say/type/write or think the words I love you everyday.